Soda is something that we know and love in the US, so it shouldn’t be a surprise to find that there are several beloved sodas that are found south of the border. There are many different flavors and varieties of Mexican sodas. Many people have heard of Mexican coke, but that is only the tip of the iceberg. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about some of the Mexican sodas that you have possibly never heard of before.
Common Types of Mexican Sodas
Like mentioned above, there are several Mexican sodas that offer many different flavors of fizzy beverage. Some of them are easily accessible in the states, and others you would have to go down to Mexico to get them. Here are some of the different types of Mexican sodas out there.
– Jarritos: This type of soda should be familiar to you as it is the top selling Mexican soda found in the US. This brand of soda comes in 11 different flavors including mango, guava, hibiscus and more.
– Mundet: This soda is an apple soda that takes on different apple flavors including red apple, green apple and more. While it is apple flavored, it is certainly not made from apple juice. There is less than 1% real apple juice found in it.
– Lift: This is a Coca-Cola owned company. The flavor that is by far the most popular in Mexico is the apple flavor, Manzana.
– Topo Sabores: Another incredibly sweet line of sodas that come in many different fruity flavors like pineapple and strawberry. You could possibly compare this soda with the US brand Crush. Just like Crush, the most popular flavor of Topo Sabores soda is orange.
– Sangria Señorial: Judging by the name, you may be concerned that there is alcohol in this soda. However, there is no alcohol to be found. The flavor that you can get from this drink will resemble a wine cooler sans the alcohol. Many people like to serve this soda with a slice of lemon or lime.
– Mexican Coke: We could never wrap up this list without including the beloved Mexican Coke. Anyone that has tried this knows that it tastes quite different than the one we frequently enjoy in the US. This is due to the fact that Mexican Coke is made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup. If you don’t believe us, you will have to get one of each and try them side by side.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
If you would like to try some authentic Mexican cuisine to go along with your Horchata or other beverage, at Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant, we have a large lunch and dinner menu that offer many different Mexican dishes that are sure to leave you wanting more. We have a little bit of something for everyone that walks through our door. Come in and see us today!