Anyone that loves to indulge in Mexican cuisine knows how integral beans are in almost all of the dishes. Good beans and rice are the perfect side dish with most Mexican platters. This begs the question, are beans a healthy addition to your diet? Studies show that there are several health benefits to adding beans into your diet. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about what the health benefits are To adding beans into a well-rounded diet.
Is Eating Beans Everyday Good for the Body?
If you eat beans on a regular basis, you are going to reap the rewards of good health. Following are some of the main ways that beans can have a healthy impact on your body when you incorporate them into your diet:
– High in Protein: Part of eating a healthy diet is to include plenty of protein. Luckily, beans are high in amino acids which are the building blocks of protein. For any people who are vegetarians or vegans, beans should be a large part of their diet to ensure that they are getting enough protein.
– High in Folate: Folate should be another part of your diet since it has such a big impact on your overall health. It plays a role in producing red blood cells and can help aid in a strong pregnancy for those that are expecting.
– Antioxidants: When you incorporate antioxidants into your diet, it can help you fight a number of different diseases. Beans high in antioxidants and can help your body remove those free radicals that because so many of these awful diseases.
– Heart Health: If you are concerned about your heart health, you will be happy to know that studies show those that eat beans in their diet regularly are known to have a healthier heart. This is mostly in part because beans often replace foods that are high in animal fats.
– Reduced Risk of Cancer: Cancer is an awful disease that can often result in the end of life. Because beans have antioxidants and anti inflammatories in them, they can help reduce the risk of several different types of cancer.
– Prevent a Fatty Liver: Preventing a fatty liver is another way that replacing animal fats with beans it can be beneficial. When you have a fatty liver it can lead to obesity and other health problems like diabetes.
– Improved Gut Health: There are several different types of beans that have shown in recent studies that they have the ability to help improve gut health. They helped to Increase the number of beneficial bacteria in your gut which leads to better digestion.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
If you are looking for ways to incorporate beans in your diet more often, looking for it further than Mexican cuisine. At Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant, we have a number of different dishes and platters that we pair with beans and rice. Are large lunch and dinner menu has a little of something for everyone. Come in today!