Beans have been a staple around the world for centuries. They are somewhat easy to grow and provide our bodies with the sustenance we need. In countries that aren’t wealthy, they are one of the foods most consumed. While many of us enjoy beans in several different ways, did you know that beans are actually a superfood? There are several reasons beans fall into the superfood category. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about beans and why you should incorporate them into your diet.
Why are Beans the Best Food & So Popular?
There are many reasons beans are so popular around the world. One of the biggest reasons is that they are an excellent source of protein that you can purchase at a very small price. This is especially true when you compare the cost of beans to the price of other sources of protein like beef. They are also extremely easy to store as well as prepare to eat. To top it all off, they are high in fiber which will leave you feeling fuller for longer periods of time.
Reasons Beans are a Nutritious Superfood
When you eat beans, you are going to enjoy several health benefits that come with choosing this food. Following are some of the reasons beans make it on the list of superfoods.
– Do Beans Have as Much Protein as Meat?: As mentioned above, beans are packed to the gills with protein. In only ½ cup of beans, you can enjoy 6 or 7 grams of protein (the same as in one ounce of meat). They are also a low-calorie food too.
– Beans are Complex Carbohydrate: The carbohydrates that make up beans are mostly starch. These are a complex carbohydrate which makes them a winner. For every ½ cup of beans, there are only 25 carbs.
– Beans are High in Fiber: In one serving of beans, you can get up to 30% of your daily fiber intake. Most of the fiber you get from beans is insoluble which studies show can help you avoid colon cancer. The portion of the fiber that isn’t insoluble help reduce cholesterol.
– Beans have Healthy Polyunsaturated Fat: In pinto beans, pinto bean lipid is 84% polyunsaturated fats. They also contain no cholesterol.
– What Vitamins & Minerals are Beans High In?: There are several vitamins and minerals you get in one single serving of beans including iron, magnesium, copper, calcium, zinc and more.
– Are Beans Good for a Diabetes Patient?: Beans have been proven to help increase blood glucose and insulin levels which can make them a great option for anyone suffering from diabetes.
– How Good are Beans for Weight Loss?: Beans have a slower release of glucose and help you stay fuller longer. This can help you when you are battling weight loss and incorporating them into a weight loss diet.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV
If you are looking for delicious food that offers beans with almost every meal, turn to Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant. We have a large lunch and dinner menu that is full of meals complimented with beans and rice. Come in today!