There is a reason that so many people love Mexican food. It is filled with delicious flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest eaters. One of the reasons it is so packed with flavor is the spices that are used to flavor these dishes. There are a number of different spices that are used in Mexican food. All of them adding a unique and savory flavor to the food. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about the different herbs you will find when you’re eating Mexican food.
Common Spices Used in Mexican Dishes
Spices are what make food so delicious and diverse. Following are some of the spices you will frequently see when you’re eating Mexican food.
– Cilantro: This is one of the most well-known spices that is often found in Mexican food. It is used when making salsas, guacamole, and is also used to garnish dishes. When the cilantro plant is young, it is known as cilantro, as it gets older and goes to seed, the seeds are ground and used to make curry, pickles and other foods that have nothing to do with Mexican food.
– Oregano: This is the same spice that is often used to make Italian dishes. It is used to make a number of different Mexican foods and will bring a punch of flavor.
– Thyme: Thyme is a spice that will pair well with spicy foods that you would often see in Mexican restaurants. When you’re cooking with thyme, it is important to remember that this is a strong spice that should be used sparingly. A little bit will go a long way.
– Parsley: When you’re looking to cool down some of the spices used to create salsa, parsley is a great one. This is one of the reasons it is often used in Mexican food. It also helps to bring out the beauty of the food with its vibrant green color. This is a mild herb that is always a beautiful addition to food, especially Mexican food.
– Mint: While many people don’t think about mint when they think about Mexican food, it shows up in Mexican dishes more than you think. It is a strong herb that has the ability to add depth to Mexican food.
– Marjoram: This herb is closely related to mint and oregano. It is also one that can add wonderful depth to any dish it is used in. It is also often used in many different Mexican recipes.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
If you’re looking to indulge in the delicious flavors that Mexican food has to offer, you can turn to Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant to find them. We have a large menu filled with dishes that are sure to please everyone in your party. We are opened for both lunch and dinner with delicious food options for both. Come in today!