There are many people that will tell you Mexican food is among one of their favorite things to eat because of the rich flavors and variety that you can choose from at a Mexican restaurant. As far as Mexican food goes, there are some dishes that are favorites among many people. Those dishes are ones you will find at nearly any Mexican restaurant because of their popularity. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about what these dishes are and what makes them so popular.
Most Popular Mexican Dishes
There are certainly some tried and true Mexican dishes that are worth trying if you haven’t already.
– Burritos: This dish is made when a flour tortilla is filled with several different delicious ingredients to come together for deliciousness. The fillings used in burritos could include beans, rice, some sort of protein, vegetables, cheese, and definitely some delicious sauce as well. There are many people that also like to smother their burritos with sauce and cheese as well.
– Tacos: Tacos are perhaps one of the most popular Mexican dishes out there. In fact, many people have deemed Tuesday, taco Tuesday in honor of this favored dish. Tacos can be made with either corn or flour tortillas and definitely a delicious protein. This could range from steak, pork, chicken and even fish to come up with the perfect taco. Many tacos will also have some sort of fresh salsa to give them an extra punch of flavor.
– Quesadillas: Who doesn’t love flour tortillas with melted cheese and other fixings? This is the closest thing to a pizza you will find at a Mexican restaurant. Quesadillas are often a popular appetizer.
– Tamales: If you have never tried a tamale, it is something that you certainly should try it sometime. This is another popular Mexican dish. Tamales are steamed for hours while they are wrapped in corn husks. They are often filled with a variety of meat and vegetables.
– Fajitas: This is a delicious fresh dish of grilled meats and grilled vegetables. Common meats include steak, chicken and shrimp. The meat is usually cooked with onions and peppers and then served with warm tortillas. Other usual toppings include guacamole, sour cream, cheese and even salsa.
– Nachos: Another common appetizer found in Mexican restaurants is nachos. Tortillas chips are covered with a number of different toppings including beans, meat, sour cream, guacamole, corn, and obviously cheese. While many people eat this dish as an appetizer, if you have enough toppings on your nachos, it can certainly be a meal.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
If you’re looking for any of these delicious meals, you can turn to Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant for a flavorful and delicious authentic Mexican dish. We have a large menu that is filled with flavors that are sure to please everybody. Come in today to try several of our menu items!