It isn’t uncommon for people to immediately think of heat when they hear Mexican food. Mexican food is known for its delicious spices that give it its unique flavor. Part of the flavor that we all know and love with our favorite Mexican dishes has to do with the Mexican hot sauces used. There are a few different ones that all lend their own unique twist on spice. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about some of the most popular Mexican hot sauces and what you can expect when you douse it on your food.
What are the Different Mexican Hot Sauces?
There are four different Mexican hot sauces that we would like to highlight today. Hopefully, it will help you decide which one will suite you best the next time you decide you want to eat some Mexican food.
– Tapatio: It may surprise you to find out that this type of hot sauce actually didn’t originate in Mexico. It actually comes from Southern California. However, even though it technically comes from the US, it is extremely popular in northern Mexico. The originator of this hot sauce created it because he wanted more than just tobasco sauce to flavor his Mexican dishes. It is a popular choice when people are creating their breakfast burritos.
– Cholula: When you choose this hot sauce, you will have five flavors to choose from, original, green pepper, chipotle, chili lime, and chili garlic. Most people recognize the wooden cap that is found on all Cholula bottles. It is considered a mild sauce that packs a lot of flavor.
– Valentina: Many people that describe this sauce will say that it has a mild flavor that doesn’t taste as vinegary as some of the other hot sauces. It has more depth of the chili flavor and will be thicker than some of the other hot sauces. It is a fan favorite at Mexican taquerias.
– El Yucateco Chile Habanero: This hot sauce is going to be on the hotter side of spice. If you are looking for a way to spice up your dish and give it some serious heat, this is the hot sauce that you’re looking for. Remember that you will only need a couple of drops to get the results that you are looking for. Many people love this hot sauce because it has a tangy and sharp flavor to it.
– Eddie’s Smooth Sauce: Complimentary and served with chips, Eddie’s Smooth Sauce is our customer’s favorite!
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
You won’t find any food that is packed with as much flavor as Mexican food. It can sometimes be difficult to find Mexican food that is authentic and has the flavors that you’re after. At Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant, we have an extensive menu that is sure to please everyone in your party. You can count on finding something that will enlighten your taste buds every time you come into see us. Come in today!