There are few things as delicious as a fresh batch of homemade guacamole. The fresh and ripe avocados mashed and mixed with a mixture of other flavors create the perfect condiment for many Mexican dishes. If you have never made guacamole before, you might not know what flavors come together to create this classic. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant is here to talk about what makes guacamole so perfect and why it is good for you too.
Pick the Perfect Avocados for Guac
Before you can even begin to have a good guacamole, you have to have the perfect avocados to get started. When you are selecting avocados, they can’t be ones that aren’t ripe. When avocados aren’t ripe, they have a bitter taste. In fact, the perfect avocados used in guacamole or so ripe that they are on the verge of over ripe. They can even have a few brown spots. These are going to give you that creamy base that you are looking for.
Does Guacamole Contain Tomatoes & Limo Juice?
Not only are you going to want avocados for your guac, but you will need some other ingredients to bring it home.
– Lime: The citric acid in the lime will give you that punch of flavor that seems to compliment most Mexican dishes. It can also help to preserve the guacamole and keep it from turning brown from oxidation.
– Tomatoes: Dicing up some tomatoes will also help keep your guacamole nice and green with the acidity found in them as well. It also adds a refreshing texture to the guacamole.
– Red Onion: If you are looking to elevate the flavor of your guacamole, you won’t want to skip out on the red onion. You don’t need a lot and you will want it chopped quite small.
– Cilantro: The fresh herb cilantro is also a must to make the perfect guacamole.
– Jalapeños: Some people like their guacamole to have a bit of heat in it as well. Jalapeños give it just the right amount of spice.
Is Guacamole a Superfood?
Many people don’t understand how healthy avocados are for you. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which can be extremely beneficial for your heart health. The acidity found in lime and tomato is also good for your immune system. Guacamole is one of those foods that you can eat without feeling guilty about it, because it has so many health benefits.
Authentic Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada (Just Minutes from Summerlin, North LV, Paradise, Lone Mountain & Henderson, NV)
If you are looking for perfect guacamole to accompany delicious Mexican cuisine, look no further. Eddie’s Mexican Restaurant has what you’re looking for. Not only do we have a large menu that is full of delicious Mexican dishes, but we accompany many of those dishes with our fresh made guacamole. Our menu is fill with dishes that are sure to please everyone in your party. The next time you don’t feel like cooking come in and let us do it for you. Call us today!